MI3DE

So its been a few years! There’s way too much stuff thats happened in the past two years for me to tell you all about in a post, but hey, I haven’t disappeared from the face of the world at least.

So last Sunday I got my camera (it’s actually a really bad excuse for a camera lol) and a ride to MI3DE.

If you’re not a horse person, MI3DE stands for Melbourne International Three Day Event. It’s a big international competition , with three different phases:

• Dressage
  • Cross Country
  • Showjumping

It goes for three days (but you’ll be stuck there for five if you’re competing) and consists of three different levels of riding. CIC* CIC** CIC***, but to simplify it, we just say one-star, two-star, and three-star. Three-star (CIC***) is the highest level, one-star (CIC*) is the lowest.

Because this is an international competition, at such a high level, it’s expectant that there will be many spectators!

So it was about a 45 minute drive to Werribee Park where the event is held, and gee the lines long when we arrived!

There were tonnes of stalls, all selling horse gear or riding clothes, but I’m slightly broke at the moment, so I didn’t buy anything except food :’)

There were breaks of about 8 minutes between each rider, so there was a lot of waiting around. But it was totally worth it because some photos I got were rippers!

(Beware, I can’t edit photos on my laptop so these are relatively bland, but you can see what I was aiming at)

DSCN9284DSCN9333DSCN9390DSCN9296

Were you at MI3DE?

Would you spectate something like this for fun?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.