Catch up with me! And RIP Aadessa!!!

Well I’m incredibly sorry I haven’t had a new post in like, three months, but I’m back! With good news and bad news. I’m going to save the bad news for last, so good news, and just catching up first! :)

Well it’s my last week of school! So next year will be my last year of Primary School! :( My teacher next year is called Mr Mac, and I’m not so scared of him so far……

My pony Nim has been up for sale, and been sold to my Equestrian Centre (Wallington Park) and is working his way up the pecking order! :)

My friend got a new chestnut horse, Zepelan, and they’re very happy together.

My other pony, Merry-Legs, has been up for sale, and sold to a lovely lady called Sandra and her husband Ernie. She’s very, very happy, and just loves it at there place!

Things have been great with Brandy. I’ve brought him in from the paddock a couple times and he’s improving really well! :)

Next year I’ll be taking care of a chestnut horse called Surey! :) She’s 15.1hh and her breed is Thoroughbred/Paint/Appaloosa/Quarter -Horse, although she doesn’t have spots, or white blotches anymore. When you ride her, she keeps her head down really low, so her head is about 20cm from touching the arena ground, it’s not naughty, she was trained like that, some Quarter horses are trained like that when they’re ridden. She’s not a horse that likes to do much, she’s not a big fan of jumping at all, but that doesn’t matter to me :) I think I need to work on my position too, I could do with a fair bit of dressage. She’s just a really good pleasure horse too! I’m not into competitive riding so it’s good. I won’t be actually buying her, I’ll just be taking care of her for a full year. Her real owner is going year 12 and won’t be able to take care her every day as studying will be taking her life away for the next year!:)

Then her comes the sad news :( My biggest horse, Aadessa has to be put down! :cry: She has a disease called Laminitis. It’s gotten really bad and now her pedal bone (the bone closest to the hoof) is starting to move forward. So if she was trotting in a paddock, it could slip and go through her leg! :cry: We’re putting her down before the worst takes over and puts her in more pain than what she really is in.

There’s  no other horse like her, and I’m not saying that just for the sake of it. She was mistreated badly in her past, and now is VERY sensitive. So if she tries to be naughty (which is VERY rare) and you give her a tap on the nose for doing it, she acts like you’ve given her the whipping of a lifetime! :)All she really wanted was to be ridden, she wasn’t just like ‘yay another ride…..,’ it was like ’YYYEEESSS!!!! DAD IS RIDING ME!!!!!!!!!’ And she’d go out of our way to please us. :)

So that’s all I’ve got to say!

I don’t really think that questions are necessary for this post, so bye! :mrgreen: :) :lol:

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Catch up with me! And RIP Aadessa!!!

1. Ava says:

Hi Bronte!!

Awww poor Aadessa and R.I.P too. It must have been hard putting her down but for the best anyway! My other cousin (not Natalya) she has a pony and it is foundering and she is really struggling and sore. If she doesn’t get better they might have to put her down too because she is in bad pain! She isn’t broken in and doesn’t get enough exercise and she eats too much!!

How come you sold Merry Legs if you don’t mind me asking?

You must be glad Nim was sold to Wallington Park because you can still see him if you go there. I think Nim enjoys staying at Wallington Park because all the little kids love him!! They give him lots of pats. I tell you what he sure does like carrots! I was feeding Henry one and he was staring at me so I gave him one and as soon as he had finished eating he shoved his nose into my pocket to look for more!! Nim and Storm get along very well but I don’t think Nim is a big fan of Henry or the other way around wait- but Henry doesn’t really like anyone except Ollie! But ollie must be so cute that he is friends with basically all the shoolies!

Nim is really improving and at the Christmas Party he wasn’t over jumping or refusing much jumps as much now!

Your friend must be very happy to get a new horse.

You are very lucky to be looking after that horse!! She sounds so nice.

Got to Gallop,
    Ava

2. Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and happy new year! I hope you enjoyed the holidays and I also hope you are enjoying grade 6 and your new teacher. I’m pretty sure 2014 will be a great year beacause it’s the year of the horse!

I justed wanted to say merry Christmas and a happy new year and best of luck for 2014!

Got to gallop,
    Ava

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
      thanks! Goodluck to you too! :) Sorry I haven’t been on here for a long time, the internet in my house isn’t working, though we’re getting it
      back in a month or so (I’m writing this from school.)
      Goodluck for grade five too! And happy new-year!! :)

-Bronte :mrgreen:

• Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

That’s okay! Don’t worry the same internet connection problem happened to me about a week ago and the internet was fixed until 6 weeks so yeah!

Got to gallop,
        Ava

3. Jenna says:

Hello Bronte! It’s such a shame about your horse! I’m glad you’ve managed to sell the other ones though! You should come check out my blog! Here is the link: http://jenna713.edublogs.org/

• Bronte says:

Dear Jenna,
      thanks! :) I have a new horse that I’m really happy with, though I really miss Aadessa :’(
      I will check out your blog.

-Bronte :mrgreen:

4. Elena Online says:

Hi Bronte,

Its Elena. I’m really sorry for your horse Aadessa may she rest in peace. I love horses too. I always wish I had one too but we live in the city so I cant have one. I moved four times from a house. I am very happy where I live now. Please come visit my blog. :)

Elena
    All Things Quebec

• Bronte says:

Dear Elena,
      Thank you for a comment! I love comments!
      I’ve never lived in the city, what’s it like?
      I really miss Aadessa lots.

I will visit your blog! It may take a while though because we’ve just moved houses, the internet is a bit weird right now, but it should be fine in a while, I’m typing this from my friend’s iPad.

Got to go! :)
      -Bronte