Ruby has been bought!

OK guys, so I just want to tell you all that Ruby (the horse) has been…..

Bought!

So sorry if you were planning on making an offer, but she has gone to a wonderful home. (Well, she’s staying in the same place that she’s at right now, just different owners!)

This isn’t really a real post, but I just wanted to let everyone know! :)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Ruby has been bought!

1. Jordi says:

Hi Bronte.

Remember me? I’m Jordi with Smokey the 12.2hh Welsh Mountain Pony.
    Well yeah, I haven’t been blogging much…

Ruby sounded amazing! “Shes as pretty as a butterfly!’

Sorry I have to go to school,
    Jordi

2. Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

That’s great that Ruby has been bought. She is such a gorgeous horse.

I have started my old blog up again and my header picture is of me riding Brandy. I thought you would just like to know.

Got to gallop,
    Ava

Ps- Here is the link to my old blog: http://avasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
      thanks for telling me this! I’ll love ANTHING to do with Brandy, even if it’s just a picture! :)
      Maybe you’ll see Ruby in the riding school because the girl that bought her does the Saturday school a bit on her. And she’s staying in the girl’s schoolie paddock too.

Your blogging buddy,
      Bronte :mrgreen:

• Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

Thanks for the reply!

I know who bought Ruby. I have shared with her riding Teddy. She is really nice!

I know you love Brandy to bits so just telling ya!

Got to gallop,
        Ava

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
          oh cool!
          Nim could be getting sold soon. A girl is coming to try him tomorrow. I THINK it’s Liberty, she usually goes in the school. Do you know her?

Thanks for telling me that! :)
          -Bronte

• Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

Thanks for the reply!

I feel sorry for you. I would hate to sell a pony! Yes i know Liberty! I thought she was buying Heidi. You know that small bay pony thats just a bit bigger than Storm.

Thats fine!

I have shared Storm with Liberty once. She is very nice.

Got to gallop on Teddy and Beau,
            Ava

PS- have you ever ridden Teddy before?

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
            Thanks for replying! :)
            Yeah, Liberty was buying Heidi, but she FREAKED at the camels at pony club.
            I don’t think that she will be buying Nim, her mum thought that they didn’t actually need a pony.
            But we had another person come and look at Nim, but he was a bit out of their price range.
            I’ll post a picture in a new post really soon with his ‘FOR SALE’ poster. We have his poster up at Wallington Park too, on the corkboard.
            His price is $5000.

No, I haven’t ridden Teddy before, I haven’t ridden most schoolies! :) I’ve only ridden Brandy, Sezzie (Sierra), Bridget, Rocco, and that’s all! (WOW, I’ve told you what schoolies I’ve ridden a LOT of times I just realised! :) )

Well, got to go!
            Bronte
            -PS Have you ridden the horses I’ve ridden before?

3. Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

Thanks for the reply and sorry I have taken a while to reply back to your comment.

Teddy is so much fun to ride. He is also pretty naughty and really fast. I have managed to stay on at a full canter over a 60cm solid jump. When Teddy jumps he canters as fast as he can up to it and he is hard to control.

I saw Nim at wpec in sunshine’s old stable. A girl called Emma (Ben’s sister) was riding him and your sister was helping her. I…. think Nim is a schoolie now. Is he? He is such a pretty pony!

I have ridden Bridget and Brandy but not Rocco or Sierra. I don’t think I will ride Sierra now because he is retired.

The horses I have ridden at wpec are: Teddy Beau Bridget Brandy Henry Storm Sam Kahluha Opal and Sabir. I think thats all.

Got to gallop,
    Ava

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
      I’m sorry I haven’t been on in a really long time, I’ve been busy, or just couldn’t be bothered….. :oops:
      Yes, Nim is a schoolie now!! :lol:
      Nim has his name up now in his own stall, next to Henry.

Yeah, my sister told me she helped someone with Nim when he first came, she said that she didn’t want to lead him because he was new…. But he’s been at Wallington Park for about a year and a half now, so he’s not really new.

Thanks for so many wonderful comments! :)
      -Bronte :mrgreen:

4. Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

I saw you at wpec actually you know that because I was leading Nim and you came over to pat him. I rode Nim!

We did jumping and he kept on running out and when we did actually go over the jump he over jumped it. It was really fun riding him though because I like challenging ponies or horses!

Got to gallop,
    Ava

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
      WOW! I’m still amazed that you still post comments on my blog! I rarely post anything, and the things I post a fairly boring! :)

Well it’s really good that you rode Nim! He’s settling into the school now and I think he loves it! He gets TONS of little children fighting over him to ride! :) :lol:

Nim always over-jumps things unless it’s up-hill. I think it’s just because of his age, he’s only six, and his breed (New Forest) is known for not maturing until about nine…. Well that’s awkward….. :lol:
      It’s good that you like challenging horses, it makes you a much better rider. Nim isn’t really challenging, I like to use the term difficult :lol: :)

-Bronte :mrgreen:

• Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

Thanks for the reply!

Well I like having conversations with you no matter what the post is because usually it’s Horsey!

I think he is settling in well to the school too but I don’t think he is best friends with Henry. They are stable mates, they are next to each other and every now and then they try to nip at each other’s neck. But I have realised that Nim and and Storm get a long well. They were both in the yard the last time I saw them. They were playing with each other and when a girl called Bridie was riding Nim she fell off and Nim wondered off to Storm and he had that look on his face like what do I do? Am I going to get into trouble? It was really funny!

Yeah I noticed that when we jumping a blue cross jump he it was up hill he seemed to jump that fine, well except for one time when he just cantered up to the jump and then he stopped and refused!

I think Nim has a really smooth canter though. Or unless it’s just me because Teddy and Beau are both pretty B-U-M-P-Y!

Well that is a bit weird. I never knew that, that New Forest ponies only start maturing until nine.

Thanks, challenging ponies are kinda fun especially when they are little for example, Storm. His bucks are fun to sit too. But I actually agree he is difficult. When I was cantering on him he didn’t want to canter near the fence. Holly said, everybody canter on and we got into a canter and Nim is just like, I don’t want to canter near the fence. I loved riding Nim. He wasn’t the best to ride but he was still a nice pony.

Got to gallop,
        Ava :P

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
          well I like having conversations with you too! :)
          Bridie was telling me that she’s fallen off when jumping him. I think he’s good to learn how to learn to sit better in jumping because he’s a weird jumper…. :mrgreen:
          When I was at his stable saying hi to him about a week ago, they brought Henry in and Nim didn’t look too happy! :)

That’s what Nim just does when you fall off. He stands there with a weird expression on his face, like he’s saying “Um, if you’re there, on the ground, resting, and I’m doing ALL the work here, I’m just gonna go….” Once I fell off him on a trail ride, and he just cantered off to the shelter of a tree, and looked at me like “Watcho look’n at?” :)

He’s a really weird pony to ride. When I first got on him, and trotted, I felt like he was going to bolt! When really my mum is telling me to go faster because that’s the slowest trot she’s ever seen….. you just have to get used to him. Though I’m really surprised some kids have enjoyed riding him, he’s REALLY difficult….. :lol:

Nim has NEVER liked that fence in the dressage arena next to the show jumping. Standing from the gate, was it the left side? I was riding bareback in there once and I walked him towards that corner, he was just like “NOPE!” and carefully trotted away, faster and faster, then I turned him around to take back to the corner, and he wouldn’t move. Typical! :)

Well, got to go!
          -Bronte

• Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

Nim is such a funny pony! He is very cute to and like you say D-I-F-I-C-U-L-T!

Yeah, I was in her group when she fell off. After she fell off and mounted back on, Nim is just like nope, sorry I’m not moving. So Holly had to lead her over the jump once just so he could move.

Well yeah, He does have a weird jump. He like over jumps and throws his back legs up a bit high, so when your jumping and your landing you sorta bounce back. Well that’s what it feels like to me anyway.

Yeah, Nim and Henry do not get along but it’s kinda funny because Storm gets along with Nim really well and Storm also get along with Henry really well too. So it’s a bit confusing if you ask me. But poor Teddy, Storm was his best friend and they used to follow and hang around with each other in the paddock but now they are not as close as they used to be.

Yep it was the left side. The big scary left side.Well in Nim’s head anyway. Also in the show jumping arena he would just refuse to canter next to the fence and guess what. It was on the left side. Myaybe he doesn’t really like left sided things.

Well I kinda enjoyed riding him even though he is very difficult. But I definitely would prefer to ride Teddy. Om my gosh! I just remembered some how. Are you going to the wpec Christmas party? You should go. It’ll be good fun!

Jumping in the show jumping arena I was riding Nim and he over jumped a jump and it was pretty high and (unexpectedly) flew up into the saddle and did a big bounce. It was kinda weird.

Got to Gallop,
            Ava

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,
            thank you so much for another comment!!!!!!!! :)

I would really love to go to the W.P.E.C anniversary party, but not ride in it. I’ve barely been riding lately, and we can’t pay for lessons too. (financial crisis!) :)
            I just really want to help out with the pony rides ;) And I also want to watch Nim in the drill ride. I saw the practice a while ago and all you could hear was Linzy screaming ‘Natalya, SLOW DOWN!!’ and ‘Brandon, ride Will forward!’ then ‘Eliza, if Max bucks, just sit to it the best you can!’ then “Nim! Keep up with Rocco!’
            So yeah, that’s pretty funny! :)

I don’t know if I’ll be allowed to help with pony rides, or it’s just helpers that an do the pony rides, but I’ll ask.
            Will you be riding in it?

Well, bye for now!
            -Bronte :mrgreen:

5. Ava says:

Hi Bronte,

Thanks for the reply! It’s totally fine I love having conversations with horsey friends!

Umm.. I think you got the anniversary party mixed up with the Christmas party. But it totally doesn’t matter! :D. I hope you can go to the Christmas party it would be so fun and if you can’t at least you can watch.

Oh by the way you know when you said that Linzy was yelling SLOW DOWN!!!!! To Natalya that seems kinda normal because goes pretty fast and is not a big fan of dressage. She prefers SJ and XC much much more. So do I too. What is your favourite event, I love show jumping! Especially doing it on Teddy. It’s so fun. Because is just faaaaaaast!

I think it is helpers that just pony rides but at least you can ask. That would be pretty fun don’t ya think?

No I’m not going to be riding in it but I wish I could.

Got to Gallop,
    Ava

• Bronte says:

Dear Ava,

thanks so much for a comment!! :)
      We sold Merry-legs because we didn’t really need her anymore. She was done with her dressage training and my mum (who was really the only person to ride her) was ready to move onto Aadessa and start training with her, then she had to be put down.

My mum says that Nim is making himself up the pecking order, meaning he’s making his way up the herd popularity chart.

Sorry this is such a short comment! :\

Have to go now!
      -Bronte :mrgreen: