Oh, No! And… Yay!

I bet I know what your thinking, what would that title mean? Well here it goes.

On Melbourne Cup day, I missed the day of school because we were going to test out some horses for sale! 🙂 We had a two and a half hour drive past Melbourne and into the country. I had my mum’s laptop, my Ipod and a book. I almost slept half the time, but my excitment kept me awake.

The first horse was, Sweet Sorento Moon, he was so beautiful, but a little awkward to ride. When you were riding him, it felt like he was going to trot or whatever gait was next, so it would be hard to tell if he would spook or bolt on you. But then he started to trot off on me, then he had a little canter I think, and before I knew it, I was on the ground winded. My lower back was so sore, I couldn’t even sit down and relax, so the ride home was uncomfortable.

Despite my pain, we stopped at another little place on the way home. There was a little New Forest pony there. His name was, Nim. I couldn’t download any photos, but he sort of looks like this, exept for the star on his forehead:

http://www. flickr.com/photos/82538355@N00/1634385345
Found on flickrcc. net 

He’s five years old (a little young) and was so adorable. I couldn’t ride, but my younger sister did. He was very quiet and looked perfect, a black body and light brown around his eyes and muzzle (nose).                                                                                                                     My dad went somewhere with the owner and came back saying he was ours! :)We came up with a three barreled name, Nimrod Nelson Mandela, it is a little weird, but it suits him. 🙂

Have you ever had a bad and good day together?

Have you ever taken a long car trip to somewhere, and it didn’t go to plan?

Have you ever been so excited you couldn’t sleep?

8 Comment

1. Miss Kelly Jordan says: Reply

Dear Bronte,

Wow, I can see why it was a good day for you mixed in with an unfortunate injury!

How exciting that you have a new horse! The name you have chosen sounds great. Do you have him already or do you have to wait for a while?

Long car trips can be a little tiring and boring, but kids these days are lucky because there are lots of things, like iPads, iPods and mini DVD players to keep you occupied. When I was a young girl and we would drive to Melbourne to visit family, the three hour car trip seemed to take forever! But now as an adult, I know that three hours isn’t really that long. Plane trips overseas take a lot longer!

It must have really hurt when you fell, and I hope you are recovering at home now. I hope to see you back at school soon!

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

P.S It is terrific to see that you are commenting and blogging at home while you’re away, well done! 🙂

1. Bronte says: Reply

Dear Miss Jordan,

thankyou for leaving another comment on my blog! 🙂
      I have to wait one-two weeks for him to arrive, then I can’t ride him for a while after he gets here. I have to take him on lots of walks to get him use to his new suroundings, other wise he’ll be spooking at about everything when we take him somewhere!

When I was about five, when we lived in Melbourne, we came for a holiday down here, and I didn’t know how to read, we couldn’t take any games in the car, and it would be to bumpy to draw, so I was bored out of my mind! 🙂
      But now I have an Ipod, know how to read, and I brought a pillow with me, I had a late night before.

I’ve never really been over seas, but we got the passports last year. The fathest that I’ve ever flown is from Brisbane (Queensland) To Melbourne (Victoria).

I was in so much pain! I couldn’t sit down properly because it hurt to much, so th ride home was unbearable. 😥
      But I’m so glad that we stopped at Nim’s place, other wise we wouldn’t be talking about this and I wouldn’t have him! 🙂

Your student,
      Br♥nte 😛 :mrgreen:

2. Jess says: Reply

Dear Bronte,

Wow what an excellent post, you have put so much effort into it!

I get what you mean by having a good day and a bad day, I have had it to before. So here it goes.

Well once I was sick with Gastro at home and I had nothing to do. I was so bored and I just needed to eat but I couldn’t. All I did was watch movies and sleep for half of the day.
    But then I found out that We are getting a pool and that my Nanny and Papa are coming over after Christmas, YAY! I was so happy that I wanted to get better already and before you knew it I was eating and was nearly all better.

Wow I am so sorry about your back injury, that must of really really hurt. I have never ever gotten winded before and I don’t want to, it sounds really bad.

I answer to your questions,

I have been on a long car trip, but it did go to plan because we don’t want anything to happen.

I can always get to sleep and I always want to so I can finally GROW, YAY!

Well got to go,
    Jess

1. Bronte says: Reply

Dear Jess,

I haven’t heard from you in a while, unless seing you in class counts 😳
      When I had a broken arm last year, I was so miserable because half of the time I was at home, then when I heard that my Grandpa was coming to stay for two weeks, and that I could acually *go somewhere* I was so exited I jumped up and down then moved *away* from my bedroom for once.

Acually, I just wrote the post in half an hour, I just wrote it, I didn’t put so much effort in to it (or at least that’s what I think)n 🙂

Times up!

Your friend,
      Bronte 😉 😛

3. Indi♥ says: Reply

Dear Bronte,

well it looks like you had a good day and a bad day. It must have been great to get another pony. And Nim looks great! So now you have two ponies to look after. Lucky you. 😀

That fall must have hurt. I hope you get better soon. One day at school I had a good day and a bad day. The bad bit was that I fell on my nee in the rocks in grade three and it was bleeding badly. And it caused a huge scare. But the good news was that we got to make teddies in the classroom on the same day.

I can’t remember a day where we took a long car trip and it didn’t go as planned. I have been so excited once that I couldn’t sleep. It was at Christmas when I was little. It was the night before Christmas and I couldn’t get to sleep because I was so excited.

Well thats about all for now.
    Got to go!

See you soon!

From you friend,
    Indi♥ 😎 😆

1. Bronte says: Reply

Dear Indi,
      thankyou for the comment! 🙂 (you can always count on friends!)
      I’m not exacly looking after Merry-legs that much now, I might help with her paddock or grooming every once and a while, but now I have little Nim to look after. My mum and dad look after Merry-legs now, my mum rides her and my dad instructs. Tara and I look after Nim, for he is our pony now! 🙂
      I’m just so happy and excited that I can’t stop mentioning him.

I don’t rememer you falling down on the rocks that day, but I loved making the teddies!
      I still have mine under the bed or something, I miss grade three, but it’s 2012 now, one more step to the equestrian team.

Your (one of your) best friends,
      Br♥nte :mrgreen:

4. Oh me oh my! I have been SO busy! And yes I do want to skype what is your skype name? It may be a while until im available though! See ya lata…. 😀

1. Bronte says: Reply

Well, I don’t really have a Skype name, but I can use my brothers, he’s on it aaaallll the time.
      just give me till the end of school, were on the computers right now.

Bye 😛